The Port Environment Centre is a community driven organisation and gathering place in Port Adelaide that supports the community in living sustainably, caring for, and connecting with the natural environment.
Connect –> Learn –> Take Action
The Port Environment Centre helps individuals and groups be informed, engaged and active in achieving a better environmental future, and enhanced community wellbeing.
It builds the capacity of local communities to better manage their natural and urban environments, and live more sustainably.
The Centre has a focus on environmental sustainability in general, and coast and marine issues in particular.
- A big program of eco events
- Info on local plants, gardening, recycling and more
- A free community library
- Discover and connect with local environmental groups, activities and volunteering opportunities
- A place to hold environmental community meetings and a hub for environmental collaborations
- Support for new ideas and projects
- The In Our Street project: neighbours building sustainable, connected communities
Coordinator: Emma Sandery
Chair: JulieAnn Stoll
Address: 27 North Parade, Port Adelaide, SA 5015
Opening Hours: 10am – 3pm Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and the second Sunday of each month from 10am to 2pm
Join our mailing list to hear about upcoming events and local opportunities. Sign up at bit.ly/PECe-news